St. Joseph Cathedral, Columbus, Ohio
Tec Studio completed lighting design and project management services for the electrical upgrade and the lighting renovation of the Main Worship space at the historic St. Joseph Cathedral. Originally constructed between 1862-1877, the cathedral’s last lighting renovation was in the 1950’s and included 500 watt quartz lamps for general illumination. A new fully dimmable lighting control system was also part of the design scope. All new LED lighting was employed to retrofit the existing halogen sources and provide over a 75% energy savings along with the extended maintained life.